Friday, February 7, 2014

I Love Lions


A friend posted this adorable lion cubs loving their caretaker. It reminded me of Elsa and her siblings relationship with Joy Adams in Born Free. Elsa & Joy's relationship touched a part of me and still does. I envied my neighbor who actually got to meet Joy Adamson. I remember him telling us kids that Joy's forearms were all scar tissue from the lions licking her. Lions tongues are rough like sandpaper. This from the dad telling the story, I'm still waiting an opportunity to find out myself. Feeding a lion cub is at the top of my bucket list. I've heard about T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station allowing visitors to interact with tiger cubs, but tigers aren't lions. Lions are WAY cuter IMO. If you know where I can feed a lion cub, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment