Monday, February 10, 2014

What is it about Curling?



What is it about curling that fascinates me so? Is it the brooms? While I love a clean home, I dislike cleaning. So maybe it’s watching someone else sweeping. 


May be it is fond memories of Mary Poppins, not only did she make cleaning up a snap; Dick Van Dyke made cleaning chimneys look like a fun job.


Then again it may be the zen quality of  rocks. If you don't know what I mean, google zen images, it's all about rocks. Serene pictures of stacked rocks and water. 


When I watch curling, I am mesmerized by the rocks sliding down the frozen water. Sweepers diligently clear a path that the rock follows to the rings. Watching the game leaves me with the same peacefulness as when I meditate. Olympic Curling is on now on NBC Sports Network. I wish the NBC website did a better job posting when curling will be on. At least they have matches posted online, so I can catch them later.



No comments:

Post a Comment