Monday, March 8, 2010

Not So Typical Inspirational Reading

Dictionary.com defines Inspiration as a person or work that “moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.”  Bookstores have whole sections dedicated to Inspirational books. I’ve taken the Passion Test to find my passion and read Suze Orman’s Courage to be Rich and was moved to de-clutter my home from one end to the other to make way for “more”.  But I’m not necessarily talking about “Inspirational” books. I can find inspiration in magazines, biographies, history, chic lit or mysteries.

Recently while listening to Obsession, Deceit and Really Dark Chocolate by Kyra Davis I was inspired to watch an old movie favorite. Sophia Katz meets up with her friend Maryann at the video store. Mary Ann is looking for a film with Errol Flynn. They decide on one of Flynn’s best Robin Hood. I rarely watch movies. My movie library totals under a dozen movies. When I got home I curled up on the couch with the remote and enjoyed the classic Robin. Next to me and the remote is the March copy of O Magazine. I’m hoping for some inspiration from Oprah on de-cluttering my life, which just happens to be this month’s O theme. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. If O inspires you to de-clutter your life then PLEASE let me know. My life can use some serious de-cluttering as well. I'm glad my book re-introduced you to Errol Flynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished your book today. I LOVED it. I laughed all the way to the dentist listening to Sophie try to comprehend the furry world. I'm like Sophie I'd never heard of it either.

    ReplyDelete