Sunday, February 14, 2010

MIA E-Z Pass?

I recently broke down and got an E-Z pass, although, I haven’t gotten around to installing it in my car. When I got it I threw it in my purse and forgot about it. The other day I had to go to Pennsylvania. Before I left, I rooted around my purse looking for the pass – of course I couldn’t find it.  As I approached the toll booth, I rolled the window down to hand the toll to the operator. With a smile on her face, she very politely asked me if I knew I had an E-Z Pass. I thought wow, an efficient government agency; they read my license plate and knew it was E-Z Pass registered. Not so fast.  In reality, I told her I couldn’t find it in my purse & must have left it at home. She said, no it’s in the car & the reader had deducted the toll. Who knew! Now my E-Z Pass is sitting on the console shelf. One day I’ll stick it to the window. In the meantime, I wonder if the E-Z Pass toll reader can find my missing glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment